These are features that are:
- a work in process
- are not accessible through the creative menu cut can be accessed through commands
- were never added and exist only as unused assets
- were removed entirely from the mod
Grimoire of Gaia (Original Version or GoG1)
Mobs that existed only in the first version. They were either completely removed or replaced when Grimoire of Gaia 2 was released.
Credit goes to FryoKnight for saving and making these images. They were originally suppose to be called the Entity Encyclopedia but it was never finished by the time GoG2 was released.
Credit goes to TheStimerGames retrieving and making screenshots of some mobs listed here.
The first mob and model created for the mod. Originally there was Vampire and Ghost Steves but unlike those versions, and this being the very first mob made, it managed to remain in the mod up to release. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
Air based mobs that spawned in the Extreme Hills biome. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
Bonus Boxes that spawned random items based on the material the box was made from. They were eventually replaced by their item equivalent. Was removed in 1.5.2 version (replaced with item analogue).
The original design of the Butler. They spawned naturally with the Maid and Vampire in the Taiga biome.
Due to being setup as a summon mob in GoG2, the model was discarded and instead replaced with a player model.
A cactus. Unlike normal cactus, these followed and attacked the player. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
The Spirit of Dullahan
The original Dullahan. It was supposed based from the Dullahan from an MMORPG called Ragnarok Online.
It was a summon mob by its female counterpart.
An Elf that spawned in the Forest Biome. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
A mob based on the vanilla Dispenser block. It was originally spawned by the Stone Golem as summon mobs. It would shoot arrows as its main attack. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
The very first Golem in the mod. They shot arrows from a cannon on their shoulder. Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
They originally spawned along with the Butler and Vampire in the Taiga biome. Was removed in 1.7.10 version.
This was the basis for the design of the Maid Doll.
One of the few supposedly magic mobs included in the mod. Supposedly, due to them using melee attacks.
It was eventually replaced with the Anubis in 1.4.7 version.
A squid girl based on the design of the protagonist from Shinryaku! Ika Musume (侵略!イカ娘). Was removed in 1.4.7 version.
First Sphinx's ancestor. Since it was a weak mob it hasn't got might power than now.
It was replaced by the actuall Sphinx in 1.4.7 version.
The second golem type added, after the Cobble Golem. They originally spawned in Strongholds using block restrictions.
It was eventually replaced with the Cobblestone Golem in 1.6.4 version and moved to the Jungle biome.
Spawned in the Jungle along with the Cobble Golem.It was eventually replaced with the Hunter in 1.4.7 version.
The original design of the Vampire. Depicted as a rich girl or a girl of class, they spawned with the Butler and Maid in the Taiga biome.By the time GoG2 was released, it was completely remodeled and replaced with the MGE Vampire in 1.4.7 version.
MobTalker inspired mobsMobs inspired by the MobTalker mobs designed by AT2. They were eventually replaced in 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 versions after complaints about the mod adding too many female mobs. The only mobs that remained from the series were the Creeper and Ender girls which were turned into trader/villager mobs.
They are based on the typical Viking design and meant to be summon mobs by the Valkyrie. They were eventually replaced by the Dwarves and their purpose was changed. Was removed in 1.5.2 version.
Grimoire of Gaia 2 (Release Version)
These were supposed to be included with the initial launch of Grimoire of Gaia 2 but were never managed to be added.
Grimoire of Gaia 2 was meant to be a step up to its precursor by adding more mobs who complemented each other by following a theme per biome. It was also meant to add different sets of mobs to each biome.
Canceled mobs (Grimoire of Gaia 2)
The Goblin was based on the MGE entry of the same name. It was not added due to the idea of how farfetched it would be for a goblin to look like this. A more traditional looking goblin was preferred.
As of version 1.6.7, an alternate Goblin has been added to the mod.
The Gorgon was meant to be a Tier/Level 3 mob for the Swamp biome. But due to the amount of water present in that biome defeating it would have been easy as it would never be able to catch up to the player.
The Karakasa was not added due to animation limits. Its design is based on a old umbrella and making it open and close would make it less convincing of it being one.
The Mushroom Witch would have been the only mob to spawn in the Mushroom Island biome. But because the Mushroom Island biome is supposed to be peaceful, it was not added.
The Dark Elf was meant to act as the male counterpart to a mob called the Elf. Due to the Elf being removed upon the release of Grimoire of Gaia 2, the Dark Elf was never added.
The Incubus was meant to act as the male counterpart to the Succubus.
A model was never made for it and it exists as a unfinished texture file.
As of version 1.6.4, Incubus have been added to the mod as an alternate skin to the Succubus.
The Winged Furnace was meant to be an alternate version of a mob called the Winged Dispenser. It was meant to spawn in the Nether and unlike the Winged Dispenser that shot arrows, this would have shot fireballs instead. Due to the Winged Dispenser being removed upon release of Grimoire of Gaia 2, it was never added.
It uses the same model as the Winged Dispenser.
The Bear was meant to be a mob to be ridden by a rider mob. The model for the bear was made but not the rider. Due to how hard it would have been to code it, it was never added.
A dragon. There was no real plans behind its creation except for an attempt at modelling a dragon. Plans for it to be added to the mod seemed more unfeasible as timed passed due to the amount of code required to program it properly.
The model itself was never finished (missing wings and detailed textures on the arms and body).
The Ent was meant to be added to the forest biome. The problem was due to the large amount of height restrictions in the biome due to the trees present it was never added.
The Khepri was meant to spawn in the Desert biome and compliment the Anubis. Due to unexplained reasons, the leg animations never worked properly and thus it was never added.
A traditional catgirl.
The Shady Merchant was meant to be a randomly spawning villager who sold items. Unlike most of the mobs listed, there is no reason why this was never added.
The design was based on the Merchant from the Resident Evil series.
Credit goes to TheStimerGames retrieving and making screenshots of a majority of mobs listed here.
Based on the MGE entry of the same name. They were removed due to their design not matching up with the original they are based on. Was removed in 1.5.2 version.
A Garden Gnome. They lacked any AI and would spawn randomly in groups due to their high spawn rate in Forest based biomes.
They were replaced in 1.5.2 version with a more functional mob, the Cyan Flower (Mandragora).
As of version 1.6.7, Garden Gnomes have been added to the mod as a block item.
A female ghost who spawned in the Taiga along side Nine-Tails. Its design is based in the popular depiction of Japanese ghosts in which they who wore a kimono and a hitaikakushi.
Based on the MGE entry of the same name. Was removed in 1.5.2 version.
The sole contribution made by the brother of the author of the mod.
This mob was removed in 1.7.10 version in Grimoire of Gaia 3 due to its theming not being compatible with the rest of the mod. What was left was an item making reference to it.
What it is supposed to be was never explained. It could be a robot, a living suit of armor or something else entirely.
Removed due to the design being bad and it did not fit in withe the theme of any biome. Was removed in 1.5.2 version.
Removed due to how simplistic the design was. Was removed in 1.5.2 version.
Based on the MGE entry of the same name.
It spawned in the Extreme Hills biome, was removed in 1.7.10 version and was replaced in favor of Dwarves.
Sand Spirits were mummies made of sand and summon mobs by the Sphinx.
They were eventually replaced by Mummies in 1.6.4 version.
The Emerald Equipment were created to make use of Emeralds back when they were still new to Minecraft. Aside from being a form of currency, Emeralds served no other purpose when they were first added as mods did not utilize them enough.
They are meant to use the Emerald Fragments/Shards added by the mod and be slightly below Diamond in terms of material effectiveness.
It was meant to be paired along with the other Ancient equipment (now removed). Due to its design, it was not added.
Several buckets were made to be included by the mod but were never added.
The Debug Weapon is meant to be used to test damage ranges. Originally used for the base model for the book weapons, it was later changed to resemble a classic revolver. As of 1.6.0, the model has been changed into a gauntlet.As of 1.6.0 it can no longer be obtained.
The Skull was meant to act as a base for adding collectable vanity Bauble items. Unfortunately, the code was never properly executed. The only model for it is based on the Dryad.As of 1.6.0, it has been replaced with Headgears.
Grimoire of Gaia (Original Version or GoG1)
- Azurite - ore, that could be found in underground and could be used in crafting armor and weapons.
- Crimzonite - ore, that could be found in underground and could be used in crafting tools and weapons.
- Palladium - ore, that could be found in underground and could be used in crafing tools, weapons and other items.
- Damned (Cursed) - equipment, that could be got from Dullahan(?). There were only armor, sword and bow.
- Rocky Armor - armor made out of Rocky Shards. No information about how to get Rocky Shards and Rocky Steak.
- Pie Foil and Canister - items that could be used in crafting food. There was Pumpkin Pie (before adding the actuall item as official food in 1.4.7), Flesh Pie, Canned Cactus and Canned Mushroom.
- Chain - material that could be used in crafting chain armor.
- Chisel - special tool that could be used in making chiseled stone bricks.
- Alchemy Catalyst - unknow item which one meaning is still mystery.
- Blank disc - item that could be used in crafting music discs by combining it with dye.
Grimoire of Gaia 2
- Scrolls - were alternate of some spawn eggs (except creeper girl, ender girl and slime girl).
- Potion bag - was a bag that gives random potion after opening the box.
- Mob cards - new style of droppable spawneggs that appeared in 1.6.4 and were replaced back to eggs in 1.12.2.
- 2D-books - old style of battle books that were used until
- Cake piece - food that was used in crafting the actual cake.
- Ancient equipment - set of tools and sword with pernament enchantment.
- Wither meat - old version of Wither brain.
- Gold Apple slice - food that was used in crafting the actual gold apple.
- Sharp Nether Star - piece of Nether Star that could be used in crafting the actual Nether Star.
- Water Soul - item which's function was like "one-use bucket of water".
- Leather Repair Kid - instrument that used at repairing leather armor.
- Ancient Repair Hammer - instrument that used at repairing Ancient equipment.
- Iron and Gold Salve - Items that had some functions: Iron removed negative effects; Gold had a chance of regeneration effect for 6 seconds and had same effect as Nether Wart in Brewing Stand.
- Meat Morsel, Meat Stew, Flesh Jerky - food that was used to be food.
- Chocolate Mousse and Milk Chocolate - 2 chocolate-food with special effects: Chocolate Mousse had Regeneration for 5 seconds, Haste for 30 seconds and Speed for 30 seconds; Milk Chocolate had Regeneration for 10 seconds and Speed for 30 seconds
- Mandrake Soup - old version of Mandrake Pie.
- Giga Knight Gear Core - old version of Giga Knight Heart.
- Meat Bun - food with following effects: Regeneration 5 seconds and Resistance 30 seconds.
- Berries - food with special effects: Health berry recovered 4 hearts and lost 2 hungers; Ice berry gave Fire resistance for 20 seconds; Ocean berry gave Water breathing for 20 seconds and had same effect as Nether Wart had.
- Makeshift stuff - 3 Makeshift tools: Drill was a pickaxe, Chainsaw had additional damage to zombies and zombie-pigmans, Rifle was alternate of bow with 4 damage and -15% speed.
The Card is a collectable item meant to be added as a rare drop to all 1st generation mobs (mobs who have existed since the first release of Grimoire of Gaia). The Dryad is the sole mob who has a card made for it.
As of 1.5.6 it can no longer be obtained but its texture is still inside the resource files of the mod.